Luxury 5-Star Nature Reserve
Luxurious pristine paradise in the Floral Kingdom
Price From: USD 350
Grootbos is situated on a private nature reserve overlooking Walker Bay. Situated about 50 km east of Hermanus and less than a 2-hour drive from Cape Town.
AccommodationGrootbos is home to two exclusive 5-star sanctuaries – Garden Lodge and Forest Lodge as well as two exclusive Villas. Each free-standing suite is set in tranquil surroundings and comprises a lounge with fireplace, bedroom(s), en suite bathroom and wooden deck with spectacular ocean views. All rooms are equipped with extra length beds, 100% down duvets and cotton bedding, a safe for valuables, a tea & coffee station & a well-stocked mini-bar. Bathrooms complete with under floor heating, double washbasins, double showers and/or baths, heated towel rails & hair dryers.
Things to do
- Guided walks and 4x4 drives through the reserve
- 1-2 hour guided walks through the extensive Milkwood Forest.
- 1-2 hour guided horse rides through the reserve
- Guided excursions to the Klipgat Cave, one of the most important archaeological sites in South Africa (ten minutes from Grootbos)
- Guided trip along the nearby coast to view the whales (June/July to December)
- Guided walks along the rocky coast, exploring the marine life in the pools
- Opportunities to explore sandy beaches swim in sheltered bays and picnic on the beach
- Bird-watching; experience a great variety of bird species on the reserve
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- BABYSITTING SERVICE AVAILABLE
- SWIMMING POOL
- COMPUTER FACILITIES
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- SECURE PARKING
- CONCIERGE SERVICE
- ROOM SERVICE
- WI-FI AVAILABLE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea