Chobe National Park
Welcome To Chobe National Park, Botswana
As a wildlife enthusiast, one step in Chobe National Park Botswana should quench your thirst. Chobe is the first national park in Botswana and the country’s jewel that boasts of so much wildlife. With its habitats that are conducive to wildlife diversity, there is so much abundance to explore. To experience a dramatic game viewing needs first understand that Chobe is home to elephants, and the first glance at Africa’s giants portrays an array of the big 5. Chobe is one of the best wildlife safaris in Africa. Before you combine your trip, consider certain options as tips for the best enjoyment of the Chobe tour in Botswana.
- Always put on dull color clothes on a safari to less attract danger of any sort from animals.
- Remember to pack your safari gear, sunscreens, sunglasses, and sun hats not only that but binoculars and cameras for photos and distant animal views.
- The local currency of Botswana is Pula, but USD can be accepted as a token of appreciation. ATM and full bank services are available in major cities.
- Dinners, American Express, Visas for EU commonwealth countries are not accepted.
- Always pay attention to safety briefings given by rangers and lodge managers.
- Remember to always be with the company, animals are capable of danger.
- Botswana is a malaria zone, so always wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants to avoid mosquito bites.
- Remember to travel with your prophylaxis.
- Always ask questions that concern your safety to avoid being sorry.
- There are enough shops for souvenirs, restaurants saving cuisines at local and
- International levels, bars for booze. Let more of this information be given by your tour guide.
- Enjoy the Chobe trip, remember you are not there every day... But we are as a team and we want to help you make it your perfect memory!
Why Go There?
Chobe river forms the Northern part of Chobe National Park and that is the elephant capital in Africa with more than 120 000 elephants. Combining both the land and the river, prints are everywhere. From hippos and crocodiles, elephants, buffalos, zebras, lions, elusive leopards, and the laughing hyenas with more left to discover after an encounter.
This is one of the most exclusive destinations in Africa. There is so much to explore after considering the north circuit from Sorendela where lots of Mopani forests are and lush floodplains are. Chobe is indeed the best place on to bucket list for safari lovers since there is always an opportunity for game drives each day that offers a spectacular view after all. Fishing makes the river activities in Chobe and boat cruising are designed to form part of your excellent African experience. As the most accessible and the most visited part of Botswana, Chobe gives the mind of tailor-making your own tour with Victoria falls in Zimbabwe and activities that influence the Zambezi river.
When Is The Best Time To Go To Chobe National Park?
Best Time to Go: Best: Good:
Highlights of Chobe National Park
- This is Africa’s greatest concentration of elephants during the dry season.
- Herds of buffalos, sables, and countless migration of herbivores.
- The big population of predators (leopards, cheetahs, the pride of lions, and laughing hyenas)
- Self game drive for wildlife viewing
- Chobe river safari for spectacular water giants 9hippos and crocodiles)
- options of tailor-making and customize your itinerary combining Chobe and Victoria
- Falls in Zimbabwe.
- Africa’s big 5.
Tips you need to know to enjoy a perfect Chobe safari.
What Other Ideas Can I Add To My Chobe National Park Itinerary?:
Below are our recommended destinations to add to your Chobe National Park Safari
Enquire Now & View on Google Map
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea