Welcome To Arusha, Tanzania's African Safari Gateway
The Safari circuit found in the North-Eastern part of Tanzania on the very foot of Mount Meru is called Arusha found in the Arusha region. People are known to acclimatize and habituated in this rolling green farmland, to enjoy a temperate climate, flora, and fauna to the external boundaries on the eastern edge of the eastern branch of the Great Rift Valley. The Arusha vicinity consists of Serengeti National Park, Mount Meru Arusha National Park the safari capital of Tanzania, Mount Kilimanjaro, Tarangire National Park Olduvai Gorge, Ngaro conversation area, and Lake Manyara National Park. Arusha is predominantly surrounded by places of worship, museums in the city business area, and a lot of uprising nightlife. Having the view of wildlife importance, Arusha has the greatest safari adventure in east Africa hence the Safari Capital with good accommodation, a lot of restaurants, Banks not to mention the diversity of food markets. At first glance Arusha has a whole lot more appealing, thus grants more opportunities to opt for a tour for your life's memory.
Why Go To Arusha?
A volcanic crater lake in the Arusha region of Tanzania on the Eastern Edge of the
Eastern branch of the Great Rift Valley. It is located in the Meru district near the Tenggara town and is 14 km from the Arusha Moshi road.
Hiking and canoeing in Lake Duluti are exclusive.
Honeymooners gets the most beautiful blue-violet germ tanzanite which is only found in the northern part of Tanzania thus, referred to a piece of Africa you can take home
Arush has a long history of more than 120 tribes which can easily be viewed through caving, artifacts, clothing, books, and gemstones are in The Arush Cultural Heritage Center.
Birds and boats lovers always have their best times in lake Duluti with dozens of reptile species, nosediving and kingfisher
There is an airport near Mount Kilimanjaro with good road networks that makes an easy transfer to Mount Meru, Ngorongoro National Park, Serengeti National Park, and Tarangire National Park for safaris
Keen hikers enjoy hiking Mount Meru, Mount Kilimanjaro, and many more
A wide range of diverse wildlife, many grasslands that support Buffaloes, zebras, and many species of antelope and lot of elephants giraffes roam freely and mingling with other animals. They're also a lot of wetlands home to the hippopotamus.
Serene Moments in Arusha Tanzania
You can go explore one f these top 10 safari & sightseeing attractions with hiking while in Arusha: Mount Meru, Mount Kilimanjaro, Lake Duluti, Lake Manyara National Park, Tarangire National Park, Cultural heritage center, Ngorongoro conservation area, and many more
The surface of the Arusha is tranquil and yet has a temperate climate to indulge in. Situated in the North-Eastern parts of Tanzania, it can be found below Mount Meru on the far end of the Eastern edge. With the great Serengeti National Park, Olduvai Gorge, Lake Manyara, and Mount Kilimanjaro to mention a few in its surroundings, it is still considered as the Safari Capital of Tanzania.
The Arusha vicinity consists of notable districts in the Central Business Area that are by the well-known Clock Tower and Sekei in the Northwest; which is famous for the uprising of the nightlife. With so much to sites to visit within the city, from seeing the National Natural History Museum and Uhuru monument that has illustrations of the 1967 proceedings. Arusha is predominantly surrounded by places of worship, of which are mostly of the Christian holy places and churches. Accessibility to the city is quite easy, with two airports the Kilimanjaro International Airport which mainly caters to the International travelers, and the Arusha Airport; in it is the sacred regional air hub and accommodates just over 80 thousand passengers yearly.
Interestingly Arusha has a proximity to the equator, meaning the slopes of Mount Meru keeps the temperatures are low and alleviated with humidity.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Arusha?
- Considering a great plan and time to visit Arusha for a great wildlife experience in general, the dry season is always the best and should be referred.
- June till October animals are easily observed in congregation around freshwater sources and in this time of less foliage dense, minimum rainfall and low levels of mosquito.
- From January to February, too many rains a considered on these semi-dry months and rain may be long and short, thus affecting wildlife adversity.
- The weather is usually pleasant all year round with cool temperatures in early mornings and at night which are best for safari game drives.
- Chances that are best when determining to visit especially Arusha National Park depends also on the variation of terrain wildlife opportunities flora fauna and these are available all year round.
- Capturing iconic images of safaris, mountains around, the crater, safari wildlife and all diversities to the famous Mount Kilimanjaro depends on when you're to visit.
Best Time to Go: Best: Good:
- City walking tours exploiting the history for Arusha
- Safari tours,game drive tours for wildlife adventures
- Hiking Mount Meru and the capped Mount Kilimanjaro which is exactly halfway between Capetown and Cairo.
- Experience cultural tours from choices more than 100 nationalities from Masai, Hadzabe, Swahili, and many other dozens of ethnicities of indigenous cultures.
- A test to a new atmosphere of exotic fruits coffee nuts and spices.
Enquire Now & View on Google Map
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea