Luxury Mara Expeditions Camp | Kenya
Mara Expedition Camp is a magical revisiting of the past.
Price From: USD 575
Mara Expedition Camp sits in a small bend in the Ntiakitiak River, where thick forest meets savannah, and just a few kilometres from its sister camp, Mara Plains. Mara Expedition Camp is a magical revisiting of the past, drawing from the designs of Africa’s original explorers and designed for those who search for East Africa’s romantic safari era. Here, you will experience the best of both worlds: the intense action of the Maasai Mara ecosystem, as well as the more private 70,000-acre Mara North Conservancy. Mara Expedition Camp is a stylish experience and adventure camp that is unique to the industry and that fits the service levels, specialised guiding and design that has become associated with Great Plains Conservation.
It is safari chic with five light and airy, spacious canvas tents, each with en-suite bathrooms where you enjoy piping hot water from huge brass ‘safari showers’ to a chorus of hippos lazing nearby. It is set down low, hidden from lights and noise and any sign of mankind. Under the grove of Africa ebony trees, its humble main area is lit by lantern and candlelit, simple in design, but just enough for all the comforts. This camp’s ambiance and ‘back to the classics’ safari design will be a sure hit with private groups, and safari aficionados.
TENT DETAILS BEDROOM
• Uniquely designed custom tents on slightly raised decking;
• Large bedroom with dressing and small seating area;
• Classic in style, the tents are of tan canvas with plenty of netted windows and high ceilings.
• Either twin or double bed configuration.
• The "Honeymoon" tent is Tent 1 with Tent 2 being closest to the main area.
• En-suite with flush loo, double brass basin and a campaign style, romantic bucket shower.
• Hot water is provided on demand for showers, and a thermos of hot water is always available at the vanities.
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided.
• Power system does not support hairdryers, shavers or any high wattage device.
FOOD & DRINK
• All meals included
• All drinks and beverages are included,
including imported spirits and champagnes
• Excellent: Three delicious meals a day are provided. We are extremely flexible on timings. Picnic breakfasts or lunch (or both) are the norm due to very active game drives.
• All dietary requirements are catered for from regular to vegan to children, prior warning requested.
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Mara Expeditions Camp, Masai Mara National Reserve | Kenya
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea