Mboko Safari Camp | Republic of Congo
Mboko Camp is situated at an interface between tropical rainforest and lush meadow-like savannah
Price From: USD 845
Mboko Camp is the home of adventure. The experiences here are a combination of walking, boating and kayaking through some of the Congo Basin’s most beautiful habitats. Explore the Lekoli River by drifting along its winding causeway in a kayak or head upstream in a motorboat to delve deeper into the forests on foot or explore baïs further afield. Travellers spending time at Mboko are spoiled for choice with how to spend their days. Frequent visitors to Mboko Camp include herds of forest buffalo and the elusive forest elephant. From the elevated dining room, gaze on as the buffalo enjoy a breakfast of their own in the morning mist of the savannah. In the evening, look out into the twilight in search of fireflies and late at night, you may be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the spotted hyena.
- 10 double chalets and 2 family chalets (4 guests) are dotted along the Likeni River in the tree line.
- The aging termite mounds are the calling card of Mboko and fleck the landscape.
- The dining room, lounge and bar area look out into the wide-open grasslands.
- Our star deck and fire pit are an extension of the living areas, the ideal space for pre-dinner drinks and to watch lightning on the horizon (if you’re lucky - the displays can be quite epic).
- A river deck is located along the Likeni River for post forest walk drinks or special occasions.
- Each spacious room has a private deck with seating and a view of either the forest or river.
- En-suite bathroom: hot shower and flush toilet.
- Mosquito net.
- Environmentally friendly soaps and shampoos.
- Fans and European power points (no air-conditioning).
Sourced from locally or in the main from Brazzaville, with any imports coming from France, the food at Mboko Camp is excellent. Breakfast is served early – giving guests time for an early wildlife drive, walk or boat – and includes cereal, breads, eggs and fruit. Served at 11, lunch is a buffet of salads, pastas, fish and meats. Dinner is always a three-course affair, and delicious with it. The service from restaurant floor to guiding is friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Mboko Camp, Odzala National Park | Congo
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- SECURE PARKING
- WI-FI AVAILABLE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea