Ngaga Safari Camp | Republic of Congo
Ngaga Camp is one of Africa’s most important gorilla tracking destinations offering an opportunity to engage with science and nature.
Price From: USD 845
Nestled in a glade in the middle of the rainforest, Ngaga Camp is truly gorilla central. It is one of the three new eco-camps in Odzala-Kokoua National Park in the Republic of Congo – home to the greatest density of western lowland gorillas in Africa. Ngaga is within the home range of several gorilla groups and is the starting point for gorilla treks, undoubtedly the highlight of any Congo adventure. It is also the base for a team of researchers, fanatical about gorilla conservation and guests are sure to find their passion and enthusiasm inspiring. Delight in discovering the abundant local wildlife, including exotic birds such as the great blue turaco and the black-casqued wattled hornbill, over 416 species of butterfly and rare primates such as the putty-nosed monkey, the grey-cheeked mangabey and the guereza colobus monkey.
- 6 double chalets are found nestled on stilts in the dense forest overlooking the Ndezhi Forest.
- These unique rooms were constructed from natural materials such as locally woven raffia palm panels.
- The dining room, lounge and bar area are raised and gaze into the rainforest.
- Our star deck and fire pit are found on a deck below the main living area for pre-dinner drinks while you watch the sun set over the forest.
- A river deck is located on the Ngaga stream for post forest walk drinks and special occasions.
- Raised 3-4 meters above the ground.
- A 360° wraparound walkway.
- En-suite bathroom: hot shower and flush toilet.
- Mosquito net.
- Environmentally friendly soaps and shampoos.
- Fans and SA power points with European and UK adapters (no air-conditioning).
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Ngaga Camp, Odzala National Park | Congo
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- SECURE PARKING
- WI-FI AVAILABLE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea