Luxury Zarafa Dhow Suites | Northern Botswana
The Zarafa Dhow Suite is an intimate, two room exquisite tented villa located on Selinda Reserve in northern Botswana,
Price From: USD 9575
The Zarafa Dhow Suite is an intimate, two room exquisite tented villa located on the 130,000 hectare Selinda Reserve in northern Botswana, an area linking the Okavango Delta and the Chobe/Savute corridors. Few properties rival the location of this little gem built entirely under canvas, as one of the largest tents ever built on the continent. The Suites are located adjacent to Zarafa Camp, Botswana’s first and only Relais & Chateaux property. Overlooking the crystal waters of Zibadianja Lagoon, the source of the famous Savute Channel, every area of camp has a magnificent view. The lagoon is also the water source for a tremendous population of wildlife – dry season sightings boast buffalo and elephant by the hundreds. Zarafa Camp is the brainchild of the founders of Great Plains Conservation, who pooled their collective experience on safari to create what they deemed to be the best and most environmentally innovative camp. Zarafa means “the beloved one” or “the lovely one” in Arabic. The name comes from a giraffe, which was presented to Charles X of France in 1826 by the Viceroy of Egypt. She travelled from Africa in a traditional Dhow boat, and it was on this journey that she was given her name reflecting her true elegance and splendor.
• 2,260 sq. foot Marquee style tent of canopied beige canvas on raised wood deck of 100- year- old teak railroad ties.
• Private deck leading to a private swimming pool.
• Lounge has couch and two chairs, plus coffee station and dining table.
• A fridge holds a wide selection of beverages, wine and spirits.
• Swarovski telescope, binoculars and camera.
• Gas fireplace is between the bedroom and bath.
• Either twin or double bed configuration.
• En-suite from the bedroom, there is an open- air concept bathroom with indoor shower, claw foot deep copper tub and double vanities.
• Separate flush loo room.
• Outdoor ‘full-body’ shower.
• Hot and cold running water.
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and hairdryers provided.
FOOD & DRINK
• All meals included.
• All drinks and beverages are included, including imported spirits and champagnes.
• World-class (Relais & Chateaux recognized).
• Three delicious meals a day are provided.We are extremely flexible on timings. Picnic breakfasts or lunch (or both) are the norm due
to very active game drives, often delivered to the bush.
• All dietary requirements are catered for from regular to vegan to children, prior warning requested.
• Private a la carte (menu options).
• Indoor and outdoor.
• Room Service.
• As standard.
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Zarafa Dhow Suites, Selinda Reserve | Northern Botswana
- SWIMMING POOL
- COMPUTER FACILITIES
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- WI-FI AVAILABLE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea