Luxury Selinda Explores Tented Camp | Northern Botswana
Custom-designed tents embody the philosophy of exploration
Price From: USD 960
Selinda Explorers Camp is located in the 130,000 hectare Selinda Reserve of northern Botswana and is built on the banks of the Selinda Spillway, about one hour west of its sister camp, Selinda. This classic camp transports us back to the time of authentic safaris, but with a modern twist and hospitality. The camp’s focal point is the Bedouin-style main area consisting of a lounge and separate dining room. The four guests tents provide comfort and style but with a magnificently raw spirit. Subtly placed under the shade of the riverine forest, the camp is designed in the style of the early explorers both in philosophy and practice. Whiling away afternoons under the canopy of African ebony and Mopane trees, interspersed with walks and canoeing,make this a respite from the ‘daily grind’ of a traditional safari. This authentic tented camp draws on traditions of the classic East African safari with beautifully detailed campaign style furniture made from recycled hard woods, and soft furnishings from Zanzibar and the East. The custom-designed semi-permanent tents consist of two rooms plus veranda, as well as a private ‘bustani bathroom’ with hot water showers and flush loo. All tents are at ground level, on slightly raised platforms, including the main lounge and dining area. This is an unassuming camp, light on its footprint but heavy on its experiential luxury. The atmosphere of the lodge is one of bush elegance with relaxed style, complemented by attentive staff, private professional service and fabulous food.
• Three two-room custom-designed canvas
tents at ground level on slightly raised platforms consisting of main bedroom, with separate dressing and washbasin area.
• One 2-Bedroom Family custom-designed canvas tent at ground level on a slightly raised platform consisting of two bedrooms, each with their own separate bathroom, dressing and washbasin areas.
• All bedrooms can be either twin or double bed configuration.
• Ground-level verandah with chairs and view.
• Campaign style furniture made from recycled hard woods, and copper fixtures.
• Private, decked, open-air en suite ‘bustani’ bathrooms adjoins the guest tents;
• Bathrooms include a flush toilet, double basins and hot and cold water showers;
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided.
FOOD & DRINK
• All meals included. All drinks and beverages are included, including imported spirits and champagnes.
• Excellent: Three delicious wholesome meals a day are provided from our ‘bush kitchen.
Most are produced on an open fire, including canapés, multi-course meals using local fresh ingredients. It is quite amazing.
• We are extremely flexible on timings. Picnic breakfasts or lunch (or both) are commonly enjoyed while out on safari.
• All dietary requirements are catered for from regular to vegan to children, prior warning requested.
• Group meals.
• Indoor and outdoor.
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Selinda Explorers Camp, Selinda Game Reserve | Northern Botswana
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea