Luxury Zarafa Camp | Northern Botswana
Zarafa Camp is the brainchild of the founders of Great Plains Conservation.
Price From: USD 1995
Zarafa Camp is an intimate, four room exquisite tented camp located on the on the private 130,000 hectare Selinda Reserve in northern Botswana, an area linking the Okavango Delta and the Chobe/Savute corridors. Few camps rival the location of this little gem, Botswana’s first and only Relais & Chateaux property. Overlooking the crystal waters of Zibadianja Lagoon, the source of the famous Savute Channel, every area of camp has a magnificent view. The lagoon is also the water source for a tremendous population of wildlife– dry season sightings boast buffalo and elephant by the hundreds. Zarafa Camp is the brainchild of the founders of Great Plains Conservation, who pooled their collective experience on safari to create what they deemed to be the best and most environmentally innovative camp. As a consequence, Zarafa may in fact be the “greenest” luxury safari camp on the continent. Only recycled hardwoods and canvas were used in the construction and all the camp’s electricity comes from its solar farm while ‘bio gas’ plants recycle waste into usable cooking gas.
• 100m2 Marqueee style tents of canopied beige canvas on raised wood decks of 100-year-old teak railroad ties.
• Private decking leading to a private plunge pool.
• Lounge has couch and two chairs, plus desk and small library.
• Trunks house the binoculars and camera kit as well as an engel fridge with drinks of choice.
• Gas fireplace is between the bedroom and bath.
• Either twin or double bed configuration.
• Honeymoon tent is Tent 1. Closest to main area is Tent 2.
• En-suite from the bedroom, there is an open- air concept bathroom with indoor shower, claw foot deep copper tub and double vanities.
• Separate flush loo room.
• Outdoor ‘full-body’ shower.
• Hot and cold running water.
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and hairdryers provided.
FOOD & DRINK
• All meals included.
• All drinks and beverages are included, including imported spirits and champagnes.
• World-class (Relais & Chateaux recognized).
• Three delicious meals a day are provided.We are extremely flexible on timings. Picnic breakfasts or lunch (or both) are the norm due
to very active game drives, often delivered to the bush.
• All dietary requirements are catered for from regular to vegan to children, prior warning requested.
• Private a la carte (menu options).
• Indoor and outdoor.
• Room Service.
• As standard.
Have a question?
Let’s Talk About Your African Trip
Facilities the best of Zarafa Camp, Northern Botswana
- SWIMMING POOL
- COMPUTER FACILITIES
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- WI-FI AVAILABLE
How it works
Describe your Cape Town or Dream African Safari Trip
An African Travel Expert will help curate your experience
Get inspired by any of our itineraries for instant confirmation
Confirm & start packing to explore Africa
Pay online directly if you like any tour idea